The start of the 2024 PGA TOUR season not only marks the beginning of a new year of golf, it also provides an opportunity to roll out Reignmakers PGA TOUR updates.
In its initial season, the game provided a new category for PGA TOUR digital golfer cards. But, the development of this game can’t end there. To continue to provide players with the best experience possible, and with the help of input from the Reignmakers PGA TOUR community, tweaks have been made to the initial game design.
Reignmakers players of all levels — whether they be a rookie or a seasoned veteran — need to be provided the ability to experience Reignmakers PGA TOUR in the manner they prefer. As such, the 2024 season is all about developing Reignmakers PGA TOUR in a manner that every player can play the game how they want to.
Now, let’s get to the updates.
Year-End Trade-In Plan
At the end of the year, 2023 golfer card holders will have multiple ways to utilize their collection going into the 2024 season.Throughout the month of January, players can still use their 2023 cards in weekly prize pack party contests for an early chance at winning 2024 cards. Trade-in recipes will also be offered, requiring 2023 season-long cards and crafting tokens for 2024 cards, crowns, DFS tickets, and more. Crafting and Prize packs will initially award Group 4 cards only at the ELITE+ tiers, with higher Edition Tiers being released with each successive month.
Players who decide not to trade-in 2023 season-long cards will still be able to play them in 2024. DraftKings is dedicating $1M in prizing to 2023 cards in 2024, which will include cash contests that run in accordance with every Deluxe or Marquee event and prize pack contests that run in accordance with every Premium or Standard event.
Franchise Score will carry-over for 2023 season-long set cards and will transition to 10% of their prior season value starting January 30, 2024.
Based on community feedback, Headline Sets in 2024 will be more limited in quantity and carry distinct utility from one set to another. DraftKings will introduce three Headline Sets in 2024: Tee Box, Fairway and Flagstick.
The following supplemental Side Sets will be released, as well:
Player feedback regarding roster format for Reignmakers PGA TOUR was heard. There will be a pivot to the popular 6-golfer roster set up without a Captain spot. This format should feel familiar to our traditional DFS players and it’s expected this change will provide added value to low serial number editioned cards.
In order to account for this additional roster spot, card rarity requirements by tier have been updated to the following:
This change in format applies to both in-year (2024 card based) and prior year (2023 card based) contest offerings in 2024. Also, Showdown contests will continue to use the 5-golfer roster with a captain slot to align with Showdown rules in traditional DFS.
Another piece of community feedback to be incorporated into the 2024 plans was a more balanced LEGENDARY card economy. In Season 2, the LEGENDARY tier “guaranteed scarcity,” which determines the maximum edition count of all digital golfer cards that hold season-long eligibility that will be released throughout the 2024 season, will be reduced to 50, versus 100 in Season 1. For a full breakdown of guaranteed scarcity by rarity and edition tier, see below:
The “Edition Tier” attribute, which is used to determine edition counts of individual golfers, is also changing this season and will now use Official World Golf Rankings (OWGR) as of the conclusion of the RSM Classic on November 20, 2023, instead of prior year FedEx Cup standings. The main reason for this change is to provide a more comprehensive view of golfer rankings. The criteria for each Edition Tier in 2024 includes:
- Group 1 – Top 25 golfers in the Reignmakers PGA TOUR ecosystem ranked by OWGR as of the conclusion of the RSM Classic
- Group 2 – Top 26-75 golfers in the Reignmakers PGA TOUR ecosystem ranked by OWGR as of the conclusion of the RSM Classic
- Group 3 – Top 76-125 golfers in the Reignmakers PGA TOUR ecosystem ranked by OWGR as of the conclusion of the RSM Classic
- Group 4 – All remaining golfers outside of the Top 125 in the Reignmakers PGA TOUR ecosystem ranked by OWGR that played in over three events in the 2023 calendar year
- NEW – Group 5 – Any golfer who played in three or fewer events throughout the 2023 calendar year
The number of golfers within each tier is subject to change, as golfers either opt-in or opt-out of the Reignmakers PGA TOUR program. For golfers who opt-out, production of their cards will cease on a going-forward basis, but cards will still be playable in future events where eligible. Holders of these cards will also receive tickets to a DFS contest with the following details:
- Snapshot Date: August 25, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Tournament: TOUR Championship
- Prize Pool: The total prize pool will be based on the number of affected golfers (those that opted-out after their 2024 cards were produced and distributed) by Edition Tier.
- Group 1: $50K
- Group 2: $25K
- Group 3: $10K
- Group 4: $5K
- Distribution: Players will be able to leverage the Trade-In Portal to exchange cards for contest tickets, where the number of tickets received will be determined based on the rarity tier of the card(s) burned.
2024 Prizing Update
For the 2024 season of Reignmakers PGA TOUR, DraftKings is offering even more prizing and ways to win, with over $15M in total cash up for grabs in the Classic format. There are many different ways to play, so check out how and what’s up for grabs:
The weekly breakdown of prizing is below. The biggest changes are:
- The addition of a new “Marquee” prize tier to offer even more cash prizing in the biggest tournaments of the year.
- Starting with the Memorial Tournament, prizing will increase by over 25% through the FedEx Cup playoffs.
Beyond weekly cash and prize pack contests, DraftKings is offering a number of other ways for players to win big:
- Franchise Score: $2M will once again be dedicated to Franchise Score rewards.
To the delight of season-long collectors and Greens Pass holders, there will be 12 monthly snapshots throughout the year for Reignmakers PGA TOUR, totaling $1.2M. These snapshots will be based on the overall, cumulative leaderboard that represents a player’s Franchise Score based on their entire collection. Additionally, monthly payouts will be concentrated in the months between launch and the FedEx Cup Playoffs, similar to Season 1. Our second Franchise Score initiative will be a Featured Drop leaderboard, whose purpose is to reward users during the biggest moment of the Reignmakers PGA TOUR season, totaling $800K. The weekly leaderboard is set to be eliminated for Reignmakers PGA TOUR in 2024.
Full payout details for our snapshots dates will be available as Year 2 gets closer.
- Achievements: Last season, Achievements kicked off in April, with both completions & progress since the beginning of the season being backdated. This season, Achievements will start on January 30, 2024. Achievements will span from things returning Reignmakers players may know, like “Pack Ripper” and “Ironman,” along with new achievements — which players will be able to complete for rewards, such as packs, crowns, tier credits, etc.
- RM PGA TOUR World Championship: Compete for a chance to win a piece of the $500K prize pool and a spot at the live final, with first place taking $125K! Check back later for full details around the event details and how to qualify.
- Experiential Contests: Throughout the season, DraftKings will also be offering attribute-gated contests for the shot at winning VIP experiences at the Waste Management Phoenix Open, Charles Schwab Challenge, Travelers Championship and BMW Championship!
2024 Greens Pass Details
Below is the summary of the 2024 Greens Pass offering. For full details, visit HERE.
Greens Pass Drop
2023 Greens Pass holders will enjoy preferred access to the 2024 Greens Pass drops, allowing them to purchase one per pass owned at the corresponding rarity. The Champion Tier Preferred Access snapshot will take place on December 12, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET, and the multi-day renewal window will run from December 13, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. ET to December 15, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. ET.
Any passes remaining after Preferred Access will be available as follows:
- Champion Tier: Auctioned off with a starting bid price equal to the Renewal Price above.
(Note that 100 passes will be held back and auctioned alongside the Professional Tier pass drop in January.)
- Professional Tier Greens: The Preferred Access renewal window and Public drop will take place in January — exact dates to follow!
Season 2 Kickoff: Tee Box Set and Showdown
The first Reignmakers PGA TOUR headline set, “Tee Box,” will be released in late January and will be followed by the launch of 2024 card cash contests for the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am. This drop will mark the first opportunity for players to get their hands on Group 1 and 2 golfer cards at the ELITE+ rarity tiers. More details to follow!
Following the introduction of the Reignmakers PGA TOUR Showdown “Beta program” this past Fall, DraftKings wants to extend a thank you to those in the community who participated and shared feedback! Insights are actively being gathered from this program. While details around prizing and the 2024 plan are still in progress, know that Showdown is here to stay and will officially launch in February!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. Eligibility restrictions apply. Marketplace purchases 18+. Reignmakers contests 18+ except NE/AL (19+) and AZ/IA/LA/MA (21+). Reignmakers contests not available in CT, HI, ID, LA (select parishes), MT, NV, OR, PA, WA, and CA-ONT. See marketplace.draftkings.com or draftkings.com for details.
The DraftKings Marketplace is currently only available in the United States and Canada.
You must be 18+* located in any of the 50 US states or Canada to buy and sell NFTs on DraftKings Marketplace.
*Must be 19+ in Alabama and Nebraska.
*Must be 21+ in Iowa, Louisiana and Massachusetts.
Additional requirements for accessing:
You must have a verified DraftKings account.